150 years. 150 ways to serve our community. #DurhamFor150
All you have to do is celebrate the community service of another citizen, pay it forward and share your own act of community service. You can share your message or photo on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) using the #DurhamFor150 hashtag.
Commit to 150 ways to celebrate the People, Places and Events that make our community great. #DurhamFor150 encourages everyone in Durham to shout out what makes you proud or happy to live in this exceptional place.
Your photos will be displayed on my website (www.erinotoolemp.ca) over the coming weeks. Stand-out participants will be recognized at a later date for their contributions to this special Canada 150 initiative.
Not active on social media? Share your Durham for 150 message by clicking here
Shout Out the Community Builders
- Coaches, teachers, volunteers who donate countless hours to improving the lives and the places throughout Durham
- Tell us about them, be sure to snap their pic and remember to use the hashtag #DurhamFor150
Share & Spread the Word:
- This is a community based, pay-it-forward initiative. Have fun with it!
- Be sure to share the #Durhamfor150 project with your friends, family, service clubs and teams
- Don’t be shy - we want to hear about all the little to big things that the People, Places & Events are doing to build our community
- Organize an event with others to have an even bigger impact!
Some Ideas to Pay It Forward (can you commit to 150?):
- Drop some coins in someone’s expired parking meter
- Pay for someone’s Timmy coffee in the drive-thru behind you
- Organize a group to clean up some litter at the park
- Knock on a senior’s door in your neighbourhood and offer to cut their lawn
- Volunteer at an event or at a local not-for-profit organization
- Give blood